Sales Manager � Convention Network Services
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Convention Network Services Sales Manager to generate sales of convention network services, obtain sales goals, provide extraordinary guest experiences, and develop and foster positive relationships with clients and property personnel. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Establish positive, respectful and considerate working relationships and partnerships with all property team members, clients, and understanding their expectations and anticipating their needs.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate clients’ needs and expectations to all appropriate individuals or department to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Solicit and procure salesnetwork services in accordance with company core values, departmental goals, policies, and procedures.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfactions.
- Establish frequent and appropriate contact with prospective clients to build relationships and effectively communicate the features and benefits of using our network services.
- Conduct appropriate follow-ups to negotiate and secure network services business.
- Able to create and give client presentations.
- Assist in creating programs to increase and improve the network services.
- Work closely with property sales and convention services teams, and others to support and assist in the overall process of procuring accounts.
- Manage the delivery and measurement of guest services within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Act as liaison between supporting network services department and the client.
- Oversee the client proposal/invoice process; keep track of eventfinances, and secure payment.
- Assist with setting and standardizing best practices within the Network Services departments geared towards creating a better client experience and more efficient business processes.
- Ensure proper and seamless transition of client to appropriate network services personnel, including communication of all logistics and client expectations to ensure clients’ needs are satisfied.
- Prioritize projects, complete assessments on given tasks on time, and advise management of any changes that could improve work processes.
- Make decisions in the use and pricing of equipment that will maximize profit.
- Remain current and knowledgeable of the latest industry equipment, technology, services, and best practices.
- Remain current and knowledgeable on each property: convention/expo facilities, requirements, attributes, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the AssociateDirector of Exhibitor Services and/or Executive Director.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- College degree in Business, and/or management experience in a hotel/resort with emphasis in Event/Network operations and/or related years of experience.
- At least 5 years of audio visual or networksalesexperience with large convention business clients.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Worked varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Working knowledge of convention, convention network systems and equipment with the ability to integrate components in facilitating client request.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.