Purpose of Position:
This role will define our aftermarket valve solutions through the understanding of our customer's issues, needs, and specifications, and will provide leadership in the areas of market strategy, product management, proposals, and business development for the aftermarket valve value stream. This individual will define and own the soution set for the aftermarket valve value stream and will be a key member of the management team.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Develop and maintain the Aftermarket Valve Value Stream Soution Set inclusive of market segmentation and prioritization, market research, market strategy, product strategy, business development, and acquisition of new lines.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging and pricing strategies to maximize margin and market share.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of CRANE brand valves
- Identify/review customer issues, needs, specifications, and develop solutions to meet customer identified issues, needs and specifications. Work with other departments, as required to address customer related product issues including changes to product design, accessories, special packaging requirements, and special documentation requirements.
- Provide pre-sales and post sales technical support in collaboration with the sales team to address customer concerns/questions on technical aspects of aftermarket valve solutions.
- Lead and execute the offer process for aftermarket valves. Ensure the standard work instructions for valve quoting is in place and ensure accurate target margins are met. Maintain the standard work instructions for valve quoting.
- Oversee the Standard and Non Standard Valve Pricing processes. This includes, when applicable the development of the Standard and Non Standard pricing.
- Develop and implement sales support tools including technical presentations and cost/ benefit analysis. Give customer presentations as required to support opportunity strategy.
- Monitor competitor valve offerings. Conduct market research and adjust product line strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Define advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media and direct mail required to support the product plan.
- Assist in overseeing and developing technical literature; interface with marcom to ensure content is accurate and complete and help maintain the technical support sections of the website.
Required Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelor’s degree majoring in Engineering or Business. Equivalent education and/or experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Ten (10) years valve industry experience with valve engineering, marketing, and/or sales.
- Ten (10) years nuclear industry experience preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in engineering, marketing, and/or sales.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.