Marketing, specification, and sale of pressure pipe and other pipe related products within a defined sales territory(NJ, DE, and the Eastern Shore of MD).
- Implements the marketing strategy for pressure pipe, fittings and all USP products, establishes new accounts, negotiates new contracts, sells and services established accounts, customers and end users.
- Builds and maintains internal and external customer relationships, including but not limited to direct customers, end users, design engineers and firms, municipal engineers, specifiers, etc.
- Comprehends, masters, and deploys industry knowledge, product knowledge and expertise (both USP and competitors) and continues to educate and promote the industry, company, and products.
- Continues, expands and fine tunes personal knowledge, experience, expertise of marketing, products, selling tools and techniques.
- Solves problems involving customer relations, complaints, data analysis of competitive products and competitors, marketing strategy, bidding, pricing and distributionchannels.
- Prepares and delivers demonstrations and presentations, and converts competitive product specifications to USP only.
- Manages and controls fiscal sales office expenses within budget guidelines and parameters.
- Utilizes the Market Manager Program and specification program to ensure complete, accurate, and timely information and actions on the Sales Office markets, projects, follow-up, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Sales Manager including but not limited to competitive product research, field site investigations and installations, sales reports, and target account reports and action plans.
Scope Data/Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- The employee will be working “on-road” 75% -85% business travel, heavy at times. However, it will require some business travel to the various pipe plants, thus exposing the employee to Foundry operations. The employee will be exposed (very briefly) to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat & Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Metallic Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, Walking, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Talking, Seeing, Hearing, and Sitting. The majority of the actions will be sitting. Also, the ability to practice “defensive” driving techniques is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
- Requires a minimum of a BS in Business, Management, Marketing, or Engineering, (Engineering degreepreferred) or the equivalent of five years continuous direct industry selling experience, preferably in marketing, selling and/or customer service.
- Five years experience demonstrating mastery of selling the company’s products and managing complex sales orders and who contribute to training less experience sales personnel. Must effectively produce results within the entire sales region.
- Advanced computer skills required including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Excellent presentation skills and demeanor needed as well as excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to be effective with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of independence and discipline.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to motivate others.
- Good knowledge of company products, sales, and product distributionchannels and inside sales processes preferred.