My Client is a mature, fast paced manufacturer of power generation products. Its OEM Business is strong, volume continues to increase. They are seeking a strong Sales Manager to build upon their domestic sales and foster continued growth.
The Sales Manager is responsible for business development and after-sales support in order to grow the Company's brand awareness and increase penetration in domestic markets. The role will also assist in meeting sales and profit goals by developing the distribution channel and direct OEM accounts. Strong technical aptitude and understanding of the Industrial Automation marketplace is essential, as this role this position will communicate with prospects research, engineering, technical procurement and supply chain groups in addition to their customer base to ensure success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and maintain the overall sales, marketing, product and support strategy for new and existing tiers of domestic sales channels.
- Grow sales channels to ensure the sales goals are met.
- Assist with the development of product literature, program literature and marketing collateral.
- Assist in developing customer satisfaction metrics and implement improvement programs.
- Identify new product and aftermarket opportunities through the distribution network and OEM base.
- Visit major prospective customers.
- Attend and exhibit at trade shows and seminars to promote products and learn about industry developments.
- Market products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as engine and vehicle control systems.
- Collaborate with manufacturing team to understand customer requirements and provide support and inputs.
- Deliver technical presentations, product demonstrations and trial installations of equipment.
- Bachelor's degree, Business or Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience preferred, including leadership of sales for department, product line segment or region.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a related industry such as power equipment manufacturers, industrial equipment, back-up power generation, industrial control systems.
- Experience in a customer facing role that is both sales and technical such as application engineering, or customer service, installation or project based.
- Proactive in continually engaging in customer & prospect communications.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize activities to meet program deadlines and goals.
- Travel up to 25% of the time domestically.
- Strong strategic thinking, organizing and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills – clear and concise.
- Excellent presentation development skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.