Why A. O. Smith?
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion company with 144-year history and employ more than 16,000 men and women. With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. We value people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action.
What is great about this opportunity?
- You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion and the highest ethical standards of conduct.
- You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line.
- You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals.
- A. O. Smith offers an expansive and innovative product line, greatly enhancing our relationships with distribution channels.
Applicants will be asked to live somewhere within our Western Region territory, which covers the following states: CA, WA, OR, HI, AK, MT, ID, NV, UT, AZ, WY and CO. Relocation is currently unavailable for this position.
As the Sales Manager, you will lead sales and new business development opportunities in our Western Region, to include achieving sales targets within a pre-defined area of responsibility while managing the sales channel to ensure desired outcome.
- Achieve sales targets, tactics, and strategies for a specific region by coordinating product and sales management to all segment partners including manufacturer representatives, contractors, engineers, customers, distributors, architects, and builders.
- Manage and develop new business opportunities in the wholesale sales channel and the generation of accurate sales targets.
- Promote our portfolio of tankless products at various events including trade shows, educational opportunities, and visits to customer locations.
- Recommend and implement appropriate sales programs and strategies to drive measurable results.
- Monitor and analyze sales reports, leads, and CRM, provide suggestions to ensure goal attainment.
- Manage time and expenses based on needs of customers and segment partners.
- Provide a detailed monthly account of activity in the market including sales activities, significant presentations and opportunities under development, representative agency sales management, product related information, customer contacts, and sales activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business.
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience.
- Water Heater or Boiler industry knowledge including adjacent industries like Plumbing, HVAC, Construction.
- Strong skills in the business development, account management and sales process.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products is required.
- Ability to travel up to 60% in the Western Region and 10-15% travel outside of region.
- Professional demeanor and confidence in dealing with people.
- Strong communications skills; both written and verbal with the ability to present in front of groups.
- Bachelor's in Marketing or related field.
- Sales management experience is desirable.
- Experience in Salesforce or other another CRM is a plus.
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.