After enjoying a day soaking up the Colorado sunshine, relax in guest rooms that include mountain views, complimentary high -speed internet access, complimentary local calls, microwaves, refrigerators, and the all new, luxurious "Make-it-Hampton" bedding.
As the SMERF Sales Manager at this hotel, you will be an intricate part of the team. Delivering daily on "Distinguished Hospitality"- that is what we ask of you, but we also expect you are exceptional at the following:
The SMERF SALES MANAGER will generate group business in designated market segment and maximize revenue profitability using proactive sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking, cold-calling.
- Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events
- Design and deliver marketing promotions and campaigns involving direct mail, social media, ads, etc.
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development
- Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action plans
- Communicate with internal business partners on upcoming group needs, VIP clients, meeting functions.
- Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market, particularly amongst competitor set.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible management experience in Group Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel; OR 4 year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and 5 years of experience in Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel or related professional area.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions. Experience with SalesPro and Hilton OnQ is preferred.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment
• Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
• Walk more than 1/3 of the time
• Sit more than 2/3 of the time
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 10% percentage of time
• Reach with hands and arms 25 % of time
• Talk or hear 75% of time
• Lift up to 10 lbs.
• Push / pull up to 10 lbs.