ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking, cold-calling.
- Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events
- Design and deliver marketing promotions and campaigns involving direct mail, social media, ads, etc.
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development
- Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action plans
- Communicate with internal business partners on upcoming group needs, VIP clients, meeting functions.
- Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market, particularly amongst competitor set.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Associate follows corporate and hotel brand standards.
- Willing to take an unpopular stand if necessary when complying with policies.
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
- Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
- Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Manages assignments and responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed.
- Strives to increase productivity.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible management experience in Group Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel; OR 4 yeardegree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and 5 years of experience in Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel or related professional area.