The Sales Manager will be responsible for growing shooting accessories with all U.S. customers in the Sporting Goods/Farm & Fleet class of trade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities include ownership of the relationship with all customer buyers, ownership of developing, presenting to the customer and executing short/long-term go-to-market sales strategies and plans, promotions & forecasts as well as managing and developing sales personnel and sales representative agencies that execute those plans.
- Additional responsibilities include training assigned sales representatives on all product and programs, providing weekly/monthly performance results to the Director of Sales as well as being a consistent resource on market conditions, competitors, product performance and product recommendations.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- 6+years salesexperience with Outdoor Recreationretail/wholesale customers, preferably in the Hunt, Shoot, Camp and/or Fish segments, delivering target results on aportfolioof Outdoor Recreation products comprised of 4 or more brands across multiple categories
- 4+ years sales management experience leading direct as well as indirect sales teams in the United States that service the Hunt, Shoot, Camp and/or Fish segments
- 4+ years sales leadership experience developing annual strategies and plans that not only meet/exceed topline expectations, but also bottom-line margin and profitability expectations in the Hunt, Shoot, Camp and/or Fish segments
- Proven track record of developing and leveraging long-term customer relationships at the Sr. Buyer and Buyer level
- Proven track record of developing sales teams including recruiting, training, performance improvement
- BS or BA undergraduatedegreerequired
- Masters or MBA a plus
Competencies and Skills:
- Strategic Planning
- Goal Development & Management
- Problem Solving
- Personnel Development & Management
- Risk Assessment
- Opportunity Identification
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Some work is required in "off-hours" for business meetings/company events.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.