Sales Manager ? Specialty Chemicals
ISC has been retained by a growing and progressive Specialty Chemical Contract Manufacturing Company to recruit talent for a Sales Manager position. This is a home-based position. Nation-wide search!
Our client believes in rewarding high performance while nurturing growth.
Come join a group of professionals who value your thoughts and experience!
As a Sales Manager? Specialty Chemicals, you will be a highly visible member of the team reporting to the CEO. Your responsibilities will include:
- Selling contract manufacturing chemical services to key decision makers in the chemical industry.
- Developing and maintain strong business relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Achieving consistent profitable sales growth with current and new customers.
- Working within the sales funnel utilizing prospect management file, prioritizing qualified targets, written pre-call plans, post-call reports and key account profiles, and managing personal pipeline files.
- Follow-up on customer projects, samples, request, contracts and other items related to the sales process.
- Communicating with customers on trials, post-work and ramp-up to commercialization.
To qualify, you must be an experienced Sales Manager with a proven track record of success with technical sales and service selling in the chemical industry.
- Bachelor?s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of salesexperience in the chemical industry.
- Prior experience and knowledge in coatings, plastic additives, rubber additives, polymers, agricultural chemicals, and inks/ printing.
- Technical product sales, chemical product sales and industry experiencerequired.
- Proven history of technical sales and service selling.
- Successful track record of prospecting, researching and qualifying targets, generating salesreports, sales pipeline and funnel management.
- Must possess basic sales competencies including: business acumen, problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, customer focus, composure, organizational agility, rapport building, prioritization and follow-up.
- Highly motivated, energetic, results oriented, self-starter who works independently and understands expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office to include, Word, Outlook, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to travel50-70%.