Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
Naviga Recruiting & Executive Search is North America's premier B2B sales, marketing and executive recruitment firm.
We have been retained by an acclaimed business-to-businessevent services company. They have hosted high-end, industry focused meetings between Director Level and above Sales and Marketing decision makers and industry suppliers in niche marketplaces. We are working closely with them to identify a Sales Manager to join their expanding team.
Location: Skokie, IL
Key Points, Culture & Growth Details:
Our client has been extremely successful in their business with over 80% renewal rate, year over year. They have strategic growth plans in place and have identified additional industries they’d like to break into; the Sales Manager will play a huge part in these growth initiatives.
The culture is a fun and family oriented environment with a professional, hungry and mature team. You will join the team with leadership that values your intelligence, your life and your family. They believe you can have hard work and productivity without the “boiler room” attitude.
- Ensure the organization’s revenue goals are met monthly and by event
- Expand the culture of positive, consultative selling that’s been a hallmark of our success
- Coach and mentor five existing sales reps
- Provide analysis on team strengths and opportunity areas and then leverage or improve accordingly
- Develop sales incentives that drives the attainment of business goals
- Gain the respect of the more senior sales execs who have done well without a sales specific manager
- Aggressively recruit, train and mentor new sales staff (four to six in first half of 2018)
- Report weekly on sales results, call volume and call time
- Track historical results by event and manage the team accordingly
- Travel to our events as well as competitive events to support the sales process (travel is less than 20% of the time)
- Interact with other functions including marketing, operations and finance in a manner that drives the business forward
- Participate in the annual strategic planning process
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Have three to five years’ sales team management experience including day-to-day individual and sales floor management
- Have experience in leading a media sales team or other intangible product
- Be someone who sincerely enjoys helping others be successful; A leader who others enjoy following
- Have an exceptional consultative approach to selling intangibles, including a natural curiosity about what people do and how they do it
- Be comfortable closing deals with and for your reps. You must be comfortable being on the phones and meeting face-to-face with prospects
- Be a proven recruiter, trainer and motivator of sales teams that are high-functioning and high emotional intelligence (this isn’t Wall Street or Glengarry Glen Ross)
- Experience being a company’s first sales manager is a bonus
Bachelor’s Degree is required
Benefits / Perks:
•Competitive base salary and uncapped and accelerated commissions
· 3 weeks paid vacation
· IRA with 3% match
•A successful, growing organization with opportunities for career development
•A relaxed, fun and casual-dress environment
•A chance to work with bright, fun people who enjoy what they do
Expected, national travel up to 10%
Naviga Recruiting & Executive Search is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.