About PXiSE: PXiSE Energy Solutions LLC (PXiSE) was founded in 2016 as a subsidiary of Sempra Energy. PXiSE develops, operates, and markets its Active Control Technology (ACT), a next-generation software-based controls solution for the electric grid. We are a creative, innovative, energetic, and highly collaborative team driven by our shared desire to deliver software solutions for a renewable, resilient electric grid.
Position Description: PXiSE seeks an entrepreneurial Sales Manager with engineering experience in the utilities and/or renewable energy sector. The ideal candidate is eager to grow their career and develop an in-depth understanding of software solutions for the 21st century grid.
The PXiSE Sales Manager develops and owns industry relationships and is responsible for driving profitable sales in a B2B market with a focus on utility companies in North America. The Sales Manager will be responsible for selling PXiSE software solutions that support utility integration of distributed energy resources and is responsible for client identification, solution development, proposal execution, deal negotiation, and contract support.
The successful candidate can speak to utility challenges and concerns and can identify the buyers' journey and decision-making process within a utility. The Sales Manager must also be a critical listener who creates new opportunities and fosters long-term engagements with customers.
The Sales Manager must be highly organized with a strong track record of exceeding sales targets in the utility, power sector, or renewable energy industries. This person will report to the Head of Strategy and will be tasked with developing sales processes and winning deals to support company growth and improve efficiency. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for creative problem solving in a startup environment.
Classification: Full-time, salaried employee. PXiSE leadership is open to commission arrangements and compensation will be matched to experience.
Location: San Diego, California preferred. Flexible work permitted for experienced candidates willing to onboard in San Diego and attend bi-monthly meetings.
- 20% - Develop and implement strategic B2B sales programs to build a pipeline of customers. Head the development of the sales process flow aligned with the customer's sales cycle. Work closely with senior leadership, marketing and technical teams, and distribution partners, to create effective and efficient sales strategies the lead to profitable deals.
- 20% - Own relationship management and development for key sales accounts. Proactively identify customers and work closely with them to determine requirements, demo solutions, and promote the value of PXiSE. Partner with customers to understand customer pain points and operating objectives. Utilize engineering background to effectively communicate with technical clients and identify worthy opportunities. Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- 20% - Lead the development of proposals, demonstrations, and presentations to secure new business. This includes writing RFP/RFQ responses and well as direct sales proposals. Coordinate across PXiSE to bring in appropriate reasources to deliver high-quality proposals that lead to new projects.
- 10% - Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing conference sales plans and providing post-event reports and follow-up.
- 10% - Forecast and measure market potential as well as project pipelines for regions and territories. Analyze and synthesize trends, including competitive, market, and regulatory/compliance. Log and communicate pipeline updates proactively.
- 10% - Collaborate with marketing to develop lead generation plans and sales materials. Partner closely with engineering leads to create an effective technical sales process. Provide feedback on lessons learned from customer interactions to inform market development strategies.
- 10% - Champion and communicate partner and client needs throughout the entire organization. Work collaboratively with channel partners to ensure alignment of goals and successful deals.
Education - Position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Engineering education/background preferred.
Experience -- Minimum 6-8 years of professional experience directly related to sales, account management, proposal development, pre-construction development, client relations, or market development at a mid to senior level.
An MBA or other relevant advanced degree may be substituded for some years of work experience. Veterans are also encouraged to apply with service experience substituted for some years of work experience.
- Analytic and creative thinker with a self-starter attitude and desire to build and grow a sales portfolio.
- Ability to manage a full sales process including customer identification and development, technical solution ideation, proposal execution, deal negotiation, and contracting.
- Able to quickly understand and characterize key forces at work in PXiSE's current and prospective markets, including customers' needs analysis, competitive dynamics, and regulatory considerations.
- Outstanding cross-functional communication skills with the proven ability to align internal and external stakeholders.
- Must able to present themselves and PXiSE in a professional and positive way, be technically astute, and work well in a team/collaborative environment.
- Partners with the Head of Engineering to assist with solution development, technical scopes of work, and other sales activities related to engineering/design and procurement.
- Experience navigating through complex and large organizations to effectively collaborate with other departments and resources.
- Outstanding problem-solving ability. Quickly perceives underlying problems and their causes. Develops insights on the key drivers, risks, and interdependencies involved in a business opportunity. Ability to analyze and understand complex situations and develop, recommend, and implement effective solutions.
- Regularly monitors and reports on sales performance using Dynamics 365, Salesforce, and other CRM tools.
- Ability to negotiate complex contractual agreements and pricing models. Proven track record of sales development with success navigating B2B and utility sales.
- Deep understanding of the energy sector including various business models, players, and trends with specific expertise in distributed energy resources, resilience, and energy security.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable and persuasive in dealing with executive-level management. Has a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent project management skills. Breaks down complex projects into clear milestones. Reliably executes to meet project timelines