Less than 5 years experience • Energy & Environmental Services
a boutique leader in sustainability consulting, is looking for a driven and engaging sales manager to join our business development team! Would you describe yourself as ambitious, productive, and results-driven?
Are you interested in working with a marketing and business development team that wants to win every time, is focused on practical and proven sales tactics, and drives cross-team efforts to capture every opportunity?
Are you excited about networking with new client prospects, building and maintaining local client relationships, and nurturing new opportunities to close?
Are you familiar with the local commercial real estate industry and have experience with business development for professional services?
If you answered yes to these questions – keep reading!
To be successful in this job you must be ambitious, results-focused, and engaging. We are looking for a teammate that is excited about being an ambassador of our brand in the Seattle market, and working as part of a team to improve our local portfolio through new client acquisition.
Being part of our team means that you’re an upbeat and optimistic person who enjoys working hard so we can all win together. Ideally you bring a proven understanding of business development best practices, including proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRM software. We strongly prefer those with experience in the local commercial real estate space. Our expectation is that you have excellent written and verbal communication, and a passion for sustainability problem solving is a must!
We are seeking team members with a minimum of 3years of professional experience working in sales and business development for a professional services firm. A focus on team selling that includes qualifying decision-makers and closing sales is our ideal candidate.
If this is you, you could be a great fit for our team. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We hire based on talent and fit and we seek top performers.
- Proactive new client development including cold/warm phone calls, firm introduction communications, networking events, conferences, and other appropriate outreach avenues
- Conduct introductory meetings with prospective clients to pre-qualify them for sales opportunities and determine decision-maker participation
- Oversee deals through closing, including identifying client needs, engaging internal technical partners, managing quality follow-up, contract and fee negotiations, and moving the deal forward to close with speed and urgency
- Collaborate on delivery of proposals including win strategies, draft content, quality control, time/deadline management, and fee calculations
- Participate in regular marketing and sales meetings including reporting updates and progress, sharing insights and observations, and sharing strategies to achieve the division sales target
- Daily management and tracking of sales activities via Salesforce including tasks, campaigns, prospects, and opportunities
- Track business development team key performance indicators including total number of new clients, regional sales progress, and results based on annual goal
- Proactively engage with and participate in business development team objectives, skill development, and advocacy for a sales-driven team culture
- Participate in thought leadership activities including blogs, bylines, speaking opportunities, and research papers as directed by marketing and business development team
- Participate in market research efforts that include project-specific research and sustainability market trends based on business development team strategic goals and direction
- Quality understanding of green buildings and design/construction industries
- Quality understanding of commercial real estate development industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS in related field is preferred
- Proficient with Salesforce or similar CRM software
- LEED GA accreditation a plus but not required
- Demonstrated ability to close $2 million+ annually
- 3+ years of sales and business development for consulting/professional services firm
- 2+ years working with commercial real estate or architecture industry preferred
- Worked as part of sales/business development team to qualify decision-makers and close sales in related field