The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, proven negotiating, sales and closing skills, personal organizational, analytical, and budget management skills and is able to communicate, professionally, in written and verbal English while maintaining a high level of productivity and efficiency.
This candidate must be capable of setting sales and profit goals in collaboration with the sales team and with knowledge of current markets and conditions. She or he has the ability to evaluate all direct reports in overall performance, including sales & profit goal attainment, is generous in sharing knowledge & expertise, comfortable in mentoring, coaching her/his team, and implementing improvement plans for under performers and supporting and promoting career growth for high performers.
Our candidate must exhibit an intermediate to advanced knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook in addition to the drive and flexibility to intimately learn our ERP software and any new software package(s) implemented in the future. She / He will be proficient in basic math skills, in particular kilo/pound conversions for weight and price.
Our Team Members are a friendly, relaxed group, working together in a close, family-like environment (meant in the best possible way) committed to personal and professional growth and excellence. We exude a high-level of "can-do" energy and effort which maintains the prevalent optimism and excitement of continued growth. Committed to our company mission, confident in our collective abilities, the team meets challenges, in business and everyday life with enthusiasm and an appreciation that incorporating a work-life balance is essential to success.
Are You Ready To Grow?!?!
Are you a self-motivated, service oriented individual who wants to be part of a special company? We have an immediate opening for a friendly, detail-oriented Sales Manager to join our growing team. As the successful candidate you will appraise and develop the strengths of the sales team for optimal performance and to analyze sales and market data to focus on areas with the maximum sales and profit impact.
Your role would be to:
- In collaboration with Human Resources, hire, train, lead, motivate, mentor and coach the sales team.
- Set sales and profit goals in conjunction with Account Managers and with knowledge of current markets and conditions.
- Evaluate all direct reports in overall performance, including sales & profit goal attainment, implement coaching and improvement plans for under performers and support and promote career growth for high performers.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in sales, business development, or equivalent. Preferred: Masters degree & three plus (3+) years successful experience in sales or business development management including five (5) years demonstrated salesexperience. (Preferably in the chemicaldistribution industry.)
- Demonstrated motivational leadership and personnel management experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth.
- Excellent personal organization skills including effective time management.
- Ability to use computers, including operating systems, inventory systems, email & Office 2013. Good math skills, ability to maintain accurate and timely records & reports.
- Passionate about customer satisfaction, teamwork & expecting excellence from self and others.
We are a growing company with a passion for exceptional customer service and a firm commitment to quality. We offer a fun place to work, a competitive salary & generous benefits. Normal work hours are M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.