About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England's leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 3,100-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children's hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 160,000-member health insurance company.
What You Will Do:
- The Sales Manager will identify and sell new BRL customer accounts, including physician practices and other health care providers in the defined BRL market area, by employing effective laboratory sales efforts
- Oversee the implementation and start-up of new BRL clients and transitions new client accounts to BRL Account Managers after the start-up of those clients.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the BRL Cultural Compass and BH mission and values.
- Develop and implement marketing and sales programs in order to achieve the revenue growth, marketing, sales, and business development objectives of BRL. Leverage all tools and resources (including forecast data, internet information on competitors, target lists, services of BRL marketing department, and other laboratory resources).
- Identify prospective lab clients through various means including networking and cold call selling. Assess client's needs and BRL service availabilities. Maintain call logs and prepare sales forecasts for review by the BRL Director, Business Operations and Development.
- Initiate and maintain on-going sales efforts in order to sell new BRL accounts. Build and maintain strong relationships with prospective BRL clients.
- Act as the primary liaison between BRL and the new BRL clients sold by that Sales Manager throughout the sales and pre-startup period, up through the first 30 to 60 days following the start-date of the client.
- Communicate client needs and expectations to BRL and, as needed, to the laboratories and IT, in order to acquire new business, ensure the successful start-up of new accounts, and ensure that the new client's expectations and needs are met.
What You Will Need
- Bachelors in Business Administration with sales training plus three year's experience in sales (lab service, pharmaceutical or medical device sales experience is preferred) or, Five years lab sales, account management, client support or lab client service experience (five years laboratory sales experience with a leading commercial laboratory or hospital-based laboratory preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to write succinct, informative communications to clients.
- Ensure compliance with Baystate Reference Labs, Baystate Health and government regulations.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Industry and general economics of business.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products- Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong problem solving skills required.
- Excellent working knowledge of lab operations required. Ability of manage multiple tasks and to prioritize effectively required.