Responsible for achieving annual market share and sales objectives in assigned MSA’s through the effective management of a team of associates for the south region.
- Develop, articulate, and implement a comprehensive strategy that allow Kohler Co. to achieve corporate objectives in assigned MSA’s.
- Responsible for regional project tracking. Manage sales team’s usage of internal project tracking software for each assigned MSA project zone within the region. Strategically manage the sales team, sales resources, and project market around the active project pipeline for each MSA.
- Hire, train, coach, develop, and manage the performance of a team of high-performing sales associates focused on hotels, hi-rise residential, office, stadium / arenas, and other commercial opportunities.
- Direct the selling activities within the region, inclusive of resource deployment and customer interactions. Prioritize effectively and in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Establish an environment and foundation for future sales growth.
- Effectively communicate Kohler’s value proposition to both the regional sales team and to key project market decision makers.
- Prove ability to position products against competitors by providing differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Evaluate project market trends, establish sales teams project quotation process for the region, maintain an in-depth understanding of competitors products and project pricing strategy in each MSA, and drive engagement between the regional sales teams, their secured projects, and production planning.
- Identify and develop meaningful business relationships with the most influential high-rise residential and hospitality owner’s and developer’s, general contractors, and mechanicalcontractors involved in the project building sector.
- In conjunction with marketing, recommend appropriate price strategies to allow Kohler to achieve annual business growth objectives.
- Identify and communicate business critical priorities to other departments within Kohler. Scope of responsibility includes new products and programs capable of delivering a competitive advantage.
- Be the primary owner for regional trade and industry organizations that impact the project market.
- Collaborate with affiliated Branch Sales Managers-Wholesale and other Vertical Sales Managers to prepare annual market development plans and to optimize the position of Kohler across all vertical channels.
- Prepare and maintain regional sales forecast reports, develop strategic market development plans for all zones, and implement field sales action plan for the region.
- Empowered to make decisions within the region and on behalf of the region, and authority to make cross-functional decisions in partnership with peers of other vertical functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required; master’s degree or advanced professional accreditation preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years salesexperience or plumbing industry experiencerequired.
- Has a solid understanding of two-step distribution and pull-through selling.
- Must possess proficient skills in written and oral communication with all levels of management and with outside contacts.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in prior sales management or sales position.
- Ability to travel as required by role (up to 50% of the time)