Industrial Equipment & Supply
Our client is a leading manufacturer of instrumentation used in plants such as refineries, chemical and petrochemical operations. We are conducting a search for a Regional Sales Manager to develop their Northeast territory. Their generous compensation package includes a base salary plus incentive plan. Working from an office in your home you will be responsible for.
- GROW the territory revenues with supportive margins.
- Responsible for the hiring and severance of manufacturer representatives in the region.
- Train manufacturer representatives and their sales personnel in the sale of products, policies, and procedures of the company, following appropriate sales methods and techniques found to be in good practice and as developed and outlined by the company.
- Determine, recommend and implement territory revisions.
- Periodically analyze, jointly with the representatives, sales objectives for both present and prospective customers, sales and service activity demands and programs for effective sales coverage.
- Aid the representative in arranging, planning, and conducting instructive meetings as required with external customers.
- Make regular calls on the representatives for the purpose of counseling with them and generally supporting them.
- Handle correspondence with representatives, customers and company personnel as needed.
- Maintain all records requested by management.
- Seek new uses and applications for company products with present and prospective customers.
- Aggressively carry out sales programs as directed.
- Address representative or customer complaints in accordance with company policy and to advise management promptly of any situation beyond the scope of authority.
- Be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices and to keep management informed concerning them.
- Develop sales forecasts, territory potentials, territory analysis and cooperate with management in setting adequate sales quotas and goals.
- Assist in the preparation of bids and proposals, with a focus on setting competitive strategies and pricing on major projects.
- Cooperate with all company executives and department heads for the maximum achievements of sales, profits and satisfied customers.
- Organize and conduct sales training seminars for new representative sales personnel.
- Establish stocking levels for representative stocking programs.
- Assume the obligations of good citizenship and to participate in worthwhile community and national activities as may be required for sound public relations for the company
- Bachelordegree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing manufacturer representatives.
- Experience selling industrial products to the refinery, petrochemical, chemical, power or other process industries.
- Product experience with instrumentation, valves, sensors, controls, meters, heat tracing or other process industry related products required