Under the direction of the General Manager, the incumbent will assist in direct management of sales representatives for the Northern and Southern Sales Regions. The Sales Manager will work closely with the Regional Manager in Houston (Southern) and Chicago (Northern) to generate sales growth with new and established customer accounts for the Basic Chemicals Division of Occidental Chemical Corporation. The Sales Manager will be involved in joint travel with entry level and early career Sales Representatives to support ongoing training efforts and coordinate business strategies in alignment with Business Management directives. Additional responsibilities will include, contract negotiations, contract processing, development of target accounts, and acting as a liaison between the business units and field sales team. After completing an initial OxyChem Commercial Training Program in Dallas, the Sales Manager will work directly with the two sales regions to define key sales engagement needs and project areas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of OxyChem products, their targeted applications and market trends.
- Development of effective action plans in conjunction with corporate and regional strategies.
- Constructs and achieves aggressive sales goals in conjunction with the business strategies and marketing plans.
- Provides guidance to sales force to yield successful multifunctional relationships with both existing and new clients, identifying key decision makers to support long-term relationships.
- Uses extensive knowledge of customer needs and OxyChem product and service offerings to form account strategies and promote long-term value creation by the sales force.
- Recognizes, anticipates, and can direct sales activity to solve customer problems, secure opportunities and drive revenue growth.
- Effectively works in collaborative process to analyze customer’s product and service needs and coordinate OxyChem’s resources to solve those needs.
- Provide consistent managerial support to new as well as experienced sales professionals to achieve regional sales goals and objectives.
- Uses and can teach value added selling techniques to differentiate OxyChem from its competitors and deliver premium value to the corporation versus general market returns.
- B.S. degree in Sales Management, Marketing, Business Management or Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of field sales and product management experience in the chemical industry or complementary sales field
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to engage with sales representatives and broad customer markets.
- Motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative and influencing skill
- Experience in sales processes and contract negotiations
- Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet short-term deadlines
- Desire to travel across the U.S. and Canada to support up to 16 sales professionals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with focus on drive for results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to relocate.