Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Sales Manager will develop and close new business opportunities within an assigned territory. This role will grow territory revenue by effectively managing and continuously feeding a sales pipeline/funnel of potential customers, identifying target customers for new sales, cross selling and upselling with acquired customers, and engaging customer retention and contract renewal efforts within a defined geographic area. This role will be assigned an annual sales plan which will be measured on an ongoing basis to evaluate performance.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage territory assignment and pipeline activity; participate in sales forecasting
- Heavy prospecting of customers (phone, email, marketing campaigns, referrals, LinkedIn, etc.); coordinate with marketing department to qualify and identify leads
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships to maximize future revenue opportunities
- Meet with and present to key clients and senior-level executives to negotiate and close deals
- Aggressively work the pipeline to consistently meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue quotas
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals
- Coordination and qualification of “Proof of Concept” studies for prospects
- Overachievement of quarterly sales quotas through selling Omnitracs products to well qualified prospects and customers
- Manage account and contact information through the entire sales lifecycle process using Salesforce.com
- Remains highly knowledgeable of Omnitracs’ products and target industries to facilitate sales efforts
- Interact with cross-functional business leadership teams including Finance, Contracts, Product Management, Customer Service, and Engineering
- Remain up-to-date understanding of competitors' activities and competitive offerings
- Remain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets
- The role requires heavy travel within the assigned territory (>50%)
Skills & Requirements
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3-5 years’ of sales experience; minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in software sales.