Interacts and establishes rapport with current and prospective customers relating to the quotation, sale, and delivery of concrete. Manages sales activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and securing sales
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories
- Assigns sales territory and duties to sales representatives
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy in promoting sales
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Prepares, coordinates and conducts sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives
- Prepare verbal and/or written quotations of concrete and related materials for bidding purposes; commercial projects, annual customer requirements, state, county and municipal requirements.
- Track the projects quoted and follow-up on the sale of materials.
- Assist and provide Quality Control Manager with required information for the proper preparation of concrete and material certifications for specific projects.
- Assist sales staff in the performance of account management; preparation and review of Sales reports.
- Coordinates communication between sales department and other sales related units; Quality Control, Operations, Safety, Accounting
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition
- Have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record and operate a vehicle safely.
- Receive and review customer complaints
- Display proper phone etiquette at all times, representing LRC professionally and courteously to current and prospective customers.
- Directly supervises, in cooperation with the Vice President of Sales, the employees in the Sales and Service Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability: Is continually focused on accepting responsibility for meeting commitments, achieving optimum results, and ownership for the outcomes from actions and decisions.
- Adaptability: Personal willingness and ability to effectively work in, and adapt to changes in circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, people, environments and conditions.
- Communication: Clearly conveys and receives messages at an appropriate level and format.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and/or external customers.
- Integrity: Through words and actions, creates an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. Communicating and acting honestly and ethically.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and productively in groups and teams to create positive relationships which maximize performance results.
- Leadership: Motivates and inspires others through their words, actions, and commitment to the organization.
- Managing People and Processes: Establishes and clearly communicates process standards and expectations; monitors performance and provides ongoing feedback to build people.
- Strategic Thinking: Takes a broad scale, long term view, assessing options and implications required to develop and achieve goals of the organization to move it forward.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience and five (5) years related experience in the ready mixed concrete industry.
- ACI Grade I Concrete Field Testing Technician Certification or equivalent.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Complete forms, review reports and correspondence
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent should have working knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The incumbent should be able to use the internet and e-mail effectively.
Knowledge or experience with Lawson is preferred.
Job ID: 144753