The Original Equipment Manufacturer, Sales Manager is responsible for the leadership of a sales team, resulting in a sustained and aggressive sales and market share growth for assigned products, solutions and services.
The OEM Sales Manager is in charge of developing sales strategies and plans, in collaboration with the district management team, to achieve territory and district annual goals and objectives.
This individual is accountable for managing the day to day sales of the assigned territory, including accountability for executing commercial programs while working closely with extended resources.
- Responsible for recruiting, developing and effectively performance managing a competent and engaged staff capable of exceeding assigned annual sales goals within the assigned territory
- Supports employee development by investing time and resources for both formal and informal training and executes development plans/opportunities for the team.
- Executes a Disciplined Sales Process with assigned accounts, sales engineers and distributors to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to achieve or exceed annual sales goals. Otherwise, develops strategies and plans to create new opportunities through local and national marketing programs, target accounts and other activities that create demand.
- Facilitates distributor meetings with district sales management that set goals and objectives around account planning, account collaboration, commercial programs and product launches.
- Engages at key customers and opportunities to ensure Rockwell Automation’s best chance for success. Manages target account conversations from commitment to cash.
- Analyzes local market information and provides ongoing local market intelligence, monthly sales activity reports, forecasting and ad-hoc feedback.
- Responsible for managing domain experts to include: Performance Management, goal planning, compensation, coaching and feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for effectively communicating and collaborating with the district management team and corporate management regarding territory dynamics, performance and sales opportunities.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Bachelordegree in Engineering or 4 years equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of successful salesexperience in technical sales, distributor, integrator or engineering firm, or graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program.
- Previous experience managing a sales team and leading distributors.
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability for local travel greater than 50% of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Preferred candidate to have experience selling into the process and heavy industries
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.