The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), founded in 1908, is a professional association of more than 60,000 chemical engineers worldwide. AIChE fosters and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge, supports the professional and personal growth of its members, and applies the expertise of its members to address societal needs and improve the quality of life.
Base salary plus commission - $60K plus commission.
In this highly visible role, the successful individual will be self-motivated, results-driven and energetic, with a passion for identifying, qualifying, and capturing new print and digital advertising opportunities for AIChE. The role will also include the opportunity to grow sales revenue in other business areas of AIChE, such as conference sponsorship and exhibits. Advertising companies offer products and services in industrial areas around chemical engineering R&D, process technologies and process safety, as well as biological engineering, process intensification, and sustainability. Sales opportunities include advertising in CEP Magazine, AIChE SmartBrief, AIChExchange, and AIChE's website. He/she will work closely with the Associate Director of Sales and the Senior Director of Business Solutions, as well as the larger AIChE organization.
- Increase revenue for a portfolio of AIChE advertising options
- Increase sponsorship and exhibit revenue for select AIChE conferences
- Maintain and expand business with current AIChE advertisers
- Identify and prospect new companies and market segments to advertise
- Seek opportunities to develop new advertising products that increase revenue at AIChE
- Coordinate the delivery of advertising
- Collaborate with AIChE staff to leverage existing relationships
- Enhance and build relationships with existing and potential customers
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments
- Additional assigned work as determined by Associate Director of Sales
- B.S. degree preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of established sales experience as a sales representative or relevant experience with customers and partners of AIChE in the chemical, energy, pharmaceutical and/or allied industries. Experience in advertising and sponsorship sales is a plus.
- Previous research and cold calling experience
- Proven ability to generate client business and grow new accounts
- Strong understanding of what motivates customers to buy and how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way
- Experience selling high-end solutions to key decision makers a plus
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize a high number of on-going projects with competing deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Exceptional customer building relationship skills
- Able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches; understanding of how to link customer needs with tangible advertiser benefits
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be proficient in MS Office Products and Salesforce
- Some travel required