Sales Manager - National Accounts
5 - 7 years experience • Food & Beverage
Awarded the industry's top honors every year since 1994, Davalyn Corporation is one of the most reliable names in the recruiting industry. Founder Richard K. Sinay opened the company's doors on December 18, 1989 and has since become a model to offices nationwide emphasizing the important principles of professionalism, hard work, and accurate representation in creating lasting client partnerships.
Davalyn's recruiting services are fueled first and foremost by highly skilled, expert search consultants. With a combined total of more than 50 years of professional experience, their hands-on knowledge and industry expertise has helped us earn a reputation as one of the most dependable firms in the business.
Our client, a leader in the food industry that manufacturers and distributes some of the country’s best-known brands, is seeking a Sales Manager - National Accounts. This position will be responsible for developing National Accounts and marketing strategies for the C-store and Dollar channels. The National Account Manager will be responsible for managing national brokers and salesnetwork.
National Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Achieving assigned quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Maintaining corporate mandated profit contribution levels
- Conducting quarterly planning session with National Accounts
- Establishing measurable objectives for all C-store and Dollar channel brokers
- Soliciting new business
- Interfacing with HQ cross functional partners to maximize business opportunities
- Consistently developing and implementing sales programs
- Broker selection and training
- Developing market/account specific tradepromotions
Qualifications for National Account Sales Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- At least 5years of experience selling to national accounts - specifically both Dollar Store and C-store/Convenience Store chains
- Must have current or recent salesexperience within the CPG industry (Consumer Package Goods (CPG), over-the-counter (OTC), food, beverage, household goods, health/beauty (HBA), personal care, cosmetics, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of all tradechannels affecting branded sales
- Expertise in broker and distributor management and motivational techniques
- Intimate knowledge of all key brokers/accounts within the Dollar and C-store channels
- Ability to develop, implement and measure sales generating programs
- Complete understanding of syndicated data information sources (i.e.: AC Nielsen, IRI)