Molex is seeking a talented Automotive OEM Segment Sales Manager to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you. In this role you will be responsible to lead a team to sell and promote targeted Molex products across Ford Motor Company vehicle segments either through the original equipment manufacturer (OEM customer) or Tier 1’s. You will also be responsible to broaden customer base and increase penetration at existing accounts.
- Sell and promote Molex product solutions through interaction with established vehicle segment contacts while developing
- new strategic prospects.
- Meet or exceed account growth targets with respect to profit, and project pipeline.
- Align and execute account strategies in-line with Global Account strategy.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a sales plan for the assigned Ford business segment.
- Identify and develop new market segments for long term profitable growth within Ford.
- Collaborate and align with Molex division and product leadership teams to develop and drive profitable growth across
- Molex product lines.
- Manage a team of 3-5 direct-report team members; align team’s roles & responsibilities to the sales plan
- Assists customers by supplying information related to samples, delivery dates, part drawings and specifications,
- quality issues, credit issues, etc.
- Properly maintain all company equipment such as company car, computer, sample kits, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of sales/account management experience within the automotive industry.
- 3+ years of experience managing direct reports in a sale or growth-related job function.
- Tier 1 selling direct-to-Ford business experience
- A focus upon automotive OEM account management, account strategy and contract negotiations.
- Experience selling products/solutions with focus on vehicle modules and/or system solutions.
Skills & Abilities:
- A self-motivated individual who can successfully manage and prioritize own workload and manage a team
- with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to understand customer needs and effectively sell solutions to both the customer and supporting
- Molex Business Units.
- Ability to effectively build strategic customer relationships across a broad span of roles to maximize
- Molex’s ability to win business.
- A sound understanding of the electronics industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, phone, and face to face.
- Ability to influence others both within Molex and the customer base.
- Project a professional and credible image, well respected in the marketplace.
- A strong aptitude for understanding electronic systems and the value Molex products bring to the customer