We are seeking a Sales Manager responsible for contributing to the achievement of SAS’s strategic corporate and business unit objectives through the implementation of sales and marketing strategy within a defined region or industry.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs).
- Plans and implements growth strategies with each of her/his direct reports regarding new software sales, renewal of software agreements, consulting services, and education services.
- Leadership in generating new business through strategic, customer focused selling, managing relationships with key customer executives.
- Ensures that the Account Executives in her/his charge maintain sufficient pipeline to support achievement of sales objectives.
- Ensures that the pipeline is appropriately qualified and moving through the sales process with a reasonable probability of closing in SAS’ favor.
- Is instrumental in sales strategy development, negotiation, and closing of customer agreements.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and initiatives to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating, and coaching the sales staff.
- Recommends appropriate training to continuously develop and improve selling skills amongst the team.
- Responsible for timely and accurate revenue forecasting of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment and adoption of SAS sales approach (BASE) and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Collaborates with fellow management colleagues and senior executives to identify new and creative approaches to the marketplace to increase SAS’ sales penetration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically as it relates to the sale advanced analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application of advanced analytics within at least three industries and/or market segments with preferred experience selling into the media and communications sectors.
- In depth knowledge of corporate software or hardware acquisition cycles.
- Sound understanding of the competitive landscape in advanced analytics and the broader software marketplace.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Location: Western United States (San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Requires eight years of experience in software sales, including two years in a leadership role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry. Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.