What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the rightdecisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
A sales manager at Gartner is focused on attracting, leading, coaching and developing a team of 6-12 quota-bearing associates to drive revenue for Gartner.
This role is responsible for:
- Achieve or overachieve financial targets
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results tied tooverall sales strategy
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner's proven recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting sessions with direct reports
- Ensure that each team member is capable of developing and maintaining C-level relationships
- Provide leadership through the effective communication of the global strategy
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Maximize the team's success through effective leadership and coaching
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team's professional growth
- Experience with the Challenger Sales methodology is an asset
- External candidate: Minimum 7-15 years proven experienced selling research & advisory services with 3+ years of management experience.
- Internal candidates should have a demonstrated track record of successful financial performance, with 2+ years of QB sales experience in Gartner MA or Gartner management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and motivate sales associates
- Proven ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions that provide IT decisions support toglobal organizations in achieving their business goals
- Proven consistent over achievement of sales quotas and financial commitments
- Strong business acumen, forecasting skills, influencing skills and communication skills (to share knowledge with a team to support the growth strategy within sales).
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen, managing others
Job Requisition ID:32796