Reporting to the Vice President of High Tech LockSmiths, this position requires an understanding of the automobile locksmiths industry, including understanding of auto dealership operations and automotive auction business functions. There are internal sales management & marketing responsibilities and external customer service obligations, all with the singular focus of growing company revenue & market share, while providing industry leading customer service, with a lean & scalable sales model. The Sales Manager must comply with corporate policies including travel, expenses and corporate conduct. Auction experience is preferred. Must live near a major airport.
- Responsible for soliciting business from retail automotive dealerships, companies with privately held fleets, financial institutions and automotive auctions and auction customers.
- Must understand, practice, and ensure company policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws/regulations are followed at all times by themselves and their direct reports.
- Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the Vice President of all serious complaints or incidences.
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from the Vice President or other corporate leadership entities.
- Attend a Profit and Loss Statement review with Vice President.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of department accounting with weekly and monthly corporate reports. Initiate and follow up on discrepancies.
- Manage all sales records controllable expenses and cost items affecting profitability of the sales function.
- Direct and control proper record keeping and follow-through on all sales calls, promotions, advertising and telemarketing. Compile, analyze and report sales statistics.
- Regularly call on customers to develop new business and maintain existing customers.
- Monitor all customer accounts and work with other to ensure maximum increase of potential sales.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all contractual customer, contractor, and supplier agreements.
- Monitor all local competition and recommend competitive strategies.
- Train additional sales resources as they are onboarded onto team.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sales & Marketing, or related discipline required.
- Experience in automobile industry preferred.
- Five (5) years of proven management skills and experience also required.
- A good understanding of competitive products and industry landscape is required.
- Strong analytical skills and previous customer service/customer-facing experience required.
- Up to 75% estimated travel time required.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver's license.