The Sales Manager acts as a business partner by developing and overseeing the performance of sales activities.
The Sales Manager staffs and directs a sales team and leads them towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the company vision and values. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
- Develops business plans and sales strategies to expand the customer base and contributes to the development and growth of the business and individual staff members.
- Ensures the performance and development of assigned staff.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team leaders for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrates new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one on one reviews with all staff to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of staff sales and activity performance.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales, and activity reports submitted by staff.
- Creates proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Assists staff with the preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Manages Profit and Loss statements, ensuring goals are met.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s Degree in business is preferred.
- Five to Seven years of experience in sales management required, call center experience is preferred.
- General automotive knowledge is required.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of supply and demand relationship management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to do some limited travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft applications
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, AV equipment, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- ADESA is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- ADESA requires a background check (may include credit check depending on nature of the position and location) and a drug test prior to employment.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.