Sesame Communications, a division of Internet Brands, is seeking an experienced individual to lead our sales organization and continue our record of strong revenue and profit growth. At Sesame, we enable dental care providers to harness the power of the Internet to accelerate new patient acquisition and build patient loyalty through our suite of cloud-based SaaS products. We are looking for a proven, inspirational sales leader who will guide our inside sales team to success in this market and who will also be a key contributor to overall company strategy. The right candidate is an excellent communicator who lives and breathes the sales funnel, analytics, results, motivation, and leadership.
- Manage and develop the sales team to enable them to hit the individual and team sales targets each month through effective prospecting, outreach, account management, and closing.
- Establish the sales metrics and key performance indicators that drive our monthly business.
- Continually refine the sales process – look for areas of improvement and best practices.
- Set monthly sales targets and create compensation plans that reward meeting and exceeding those targets.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to drive more leads through campaigns, tradeshows, and webinars.
- Communicate sales and marketing initiatives to all of Sesame and Internet Brands.
- Be a Salesforce and Excel magician, monitoring, reporting, and improving on the performance of the team.
- Observe day-to-day sales calls and participate in closing and problem calls, continually looking to improve the skills of the sales reps.
- Drive daily activities by spending most of the day “on the floor” with the sales team.
- Personally lead the team at large tradeshows, inspiring outstanding performance in face-to-face sales situations.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit; proactively look for and act on opportunities to assist the team.
- Interview, hire, train, and retain motivated and productive sales reps.
- Minimum 8 years of online sales and sales management experience.
- Experience managing a team in a consultative, relationship-building phone selling environment.
- Strong preference to candidates with B2B and SaaS experience selling to small to medium businesses, particularly in the healthcare market.
- Demonstrated, proven success in lead generation, prospecting, contract negotiation and closing customers.
- Experience with Salesforce, particularly Salesforce reporting, required.
- A strong interest for consultative solution selling with a drive to innovate and track-record of managing and inspiring high performing sales teams for 5+ years.
- Independent, self-starter who thrives on immersion in a rapidly changing environment and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness along with attention to detail.
- Motivational leader and metrics driven decision maker who knows the sales funnel intimately.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.