We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Transportation and Entertainment business unit as a Sales Manager. As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Account Executives who sell SAS software products, solutions and services tocustomers, specifically, in the areas of hospitality and gaming.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs).
- Plans and implements growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationships with key customers.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating staff.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determines equitable sales assignments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting (PTG) of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment toward BASE sales approach and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Coordinates resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces BASE selling concepts.
- Leads sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interprets sales policies, advises sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes therequirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
- Accurately forecasts new and renewal sales on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hires and is very involved in early and on-going training of new sales executives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven on target achievement record.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the hospitality and gaming industries and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate software acquisition cycles.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as business needs require.
- Preferred Locations: New York; Cary, NC; Las Vegas, NV; Other west coast locations will also be considered.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Requires five to ten years of software sales.
- Requires pervious management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- Gaming, hospitality, marketing, and/or CI experience is preferable.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.