Join BGE HOME to be a part of the team that offers a wide range of energy-related products and services that address the comfort and energy management needs of residential and small commercial customers in Maryland.
BGE HOME, a Constellation Company, specializes in the sale and service of heating, air conditioning, water heating, plumbing, and electrical systems along with appliance repair, replacement windows, doors, siding and attic insulation.
We are committed to our customers and have a customer satisfaction rating of more than 95 percent.
Our employees ";live"; the BGE HOME Initiatives: Customer Commitment, Excellence, Integrity & Accountability, Teamwork and Safety.
We are a company that cares about the environment, supports local communities and embraces the diversity of our employees.
Every business line offers opportunity for employee development.
We have some of the best training programs in the area.
Here at BGE HOME, we continue our success through the strength of our people.
It's your future - it's about your career and your goals.
At BGE HOME, our aim is to match the right people with the right jobs.
· Full and ultimate responsibility for business development, growth, planning and sales performance of the Home Improvement business.
· Responsible for all aspects of sales management.
· Develop budget and manage financial performance to achieve sales and P&L objectives.
· Provide leadership. Develop the sales team, recognizing the good and poor performers. Mentor and coach those who exhibit the basic qualifications and encourage the drive and spirit to achieve maximum potential in themselves and in their team. Encourage team to set personnel stretch goals for their business and career and help guide them to meet these goals.
· Instill the values, commitment and culture of the company.
· Drive process improvements to improve sales effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
· Develop short and long term goals by business line and sales representative.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Job Function)
· Directly oversee, manage and drive growth and P&L performance of the HI sales force.
· Coordinate and communicate closely with the GM E&CC Sales.
· Development and management of the sales process and value proposition.
· Develop and manage prospecting and acquisition of new business.
· Understand the competitive environment and modify approach to the customer’s needs while working in conjunction with marketing, service and installation to grow the home improvement business.
· Continuously review the business, provide a fresh outlook on the day-to-day working operations as well as the current direction of the business lines.
· Prioritize, organize and handle details in the day-to-day activities and manage multiple projects, tasks and business lines simultaneously.
· Establish and enforce team spirit with-in the team, to work with all departments in order to meet the companies overall objective’s.
· Establish oneself as a leader, who lives the values and set’s the standard for others to follow.
· Produce and submit accurate reports and updates monthly as requested.
· Provide continuous and timely feedback to upper management, keeping them abreast of day-to-day issues that are important to the business, customer or the employee. Provide a level of information that allows upper management a grass root feel from all perspectives.
Complete and thorough knowledge and understanding of retail home improvement sales.
Complete and thorough knowledge of marketing to retail customers.
Understands company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with-in the department.
Fully abreast of the dynamics of the ever-changing competitive environment and communicates to all appropriate personnel.
Drive the business using the key indicators and metrics.
Complete understanding of the sales and financial reports (P&L)
Skilled in MS Word
Skilled in Power Point
Skilled in Excel
Ability to learn enterprise systems
Excellent Writing Skills
Excellent Presentational Skills
Excellent Debating and Negotiating Skills
Excellent Problem Solving Skills (human and or technical based)
Excellent Crisis Management Skills
Concise and Expedient Decision Maker
Excellent Organizational Skills
Ability To Multi-Task In a Deadline Driven Environment
Minimum of 5 years experience in a consumer based in home sales management environment, and 10 years overall sales or business management experience.
Bachelors degree (substantial industry experience can substitute in lieu of Bachelors degree)