At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The primary purpose of the Ethnic Segment Manager is to support the execution of sales and Marketing Strategies for a specific ethnic segment. These includes acquiring new customer business and converting competition’s Gold accounts; performing sales activities for the purpose of achieving the sales and profit objectives assigned and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction through customer service activities.
This position will be supporting the Hispanic Segment. Bilingual communication (written & verbal) required.
The specific ethnic Segment must:
- Have a strong knowledge of the specific ethnic segment culture, category usage and Food Service environment.
- Stay abreast of trends impacting the specific ethnic business, monitor competitive activities and understand the key aspects of core Sysco brands and their potential within the specific ethnic marketplace.
- Act as a link among Sales, Merchandising and Business Resources at the OpCo level and between the Multicultural Marketing Group
- Be a strong leader of people working across functional departments in both English and specific ethnic language.
- Identify current Sales volume for the specific ethnic segment
- Identify sales growth opportunity for the specific ethnic segment
- Leads sales efforts targeting the specific ethnic Segment
- Supports Merchandising with local-specific products needs and sourcing
- Be a source of information for MAs targeting the specific ethnic Segment.
- Provides segment customers with value-added services such as business reviews and recipe support by working in conjunction with the Business Review Specialist and the Director of Culinary Resources.
- Works closely with Sysco Corporate, manufacturing representatives and brokers in supporting company promotions or obtaining information on products or services.
- Champion and utilize CRM tool (Sysco 360) as communication and measurement tool for New Business and Account Penetration.
- Champion and utilize Sysco Technology Solutions i.e; Leapset, Mogul, Sysco Counts, Menu Lab, Supplies on the Fly etc.
- Sells all major product categories through the presentation of new products, services, ideas, uses and applications in an effort to meet all established sales and profit objectives.
- Achieves the goals and objectives of sales and profit plan through new accounts and continued account penetration.
- Performs merchandising research of product discounts, product services information, special offers and/or company promotions. Utilizes information in sales activities in an effort to increase profitability and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Attends all department sales meetings, as scheduled and participates in other activities as requested. Reports on industry and market competition as requested and assists with reviewing inventory levels.
- Promotes positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, business writing, grammar and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
FOR SALES POSITIONS ONLY: All candidates for this position must be able to represent their ability to perform substantially all of the required duties of the position while abiding by any post-employment obligations owed to current or former employers, to the extent such obligations are reasonable and enforceable.
- 5+ years related Food & Beverage, Food Services or Consumer Goods industry experiencerequired
- Bilingual communication (written & verbal) required.
- 3+ years’ experience using standard metrics to track consumer market data and sales trends.
- 2+ years’ professional marketingexperiencedesired
- 5+ years’ experience in a product sales role required. Specific ethnic foods salesdesired.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degreedesired
- Strong understanding of cultural differences and needs related to specific ethnic foods. In-depth knowledge of specific ethnic food products
- 3+ years MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Excel experiencerequired
- Excellent communication skills (English & specific ethnic language) required
- Proven experience in cross-functional relationships. Individual will partner with Merchandising, Sales, and otherinternal business functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to drive, stand, walk, sit, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and listen.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- 40% travel within marketplace