The Sales Manager will drive agent training, sales strategy and acquisition of individuals looking to enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan. This position is responsible for managing a team of licensed insurance agents and ensuring they are meeting and exceeding corporate sales goals.
- Build and then lead a team of license sales professionals toward meeting monthly / quarterly / yearly Medicare Supplement sales goals.
- Ability to cross sell products and services to Medicare Supplement individuals
- Monitors and improves standard operating practices
- Build curriculum and train new and experienced agents on best practices surrounding selling a Medicare Supplement plan
- Establish performance expectations and goals, evaluate performance results, provide feedback to staff and administer appropriate rewards
- Ability to coach and teach agents sales techniques that result in increased agent production
- Foster a cohesive and supportive team environment in-line with HPONE’s values and culture.
- Provide leadership to staff including establishing and maintaining regular team meetings as well as providing ongoing support and coaching
- Collaborate with internal departments such as HR, Sales Support, IT, QA, Training to ensure open lines of communication and that policies and procedures are aligned with the Company mission
- Excellent understanding of the guidelines centered around selling a Medicare Supplement product
- 5+ years of successful sales management of an inside sales operation; focused on selling Medicare Supplement products.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous supervisory / management experience in an inside sales center environment required
- Solid knowledge and grasp of Medicare / CMS rules and regulations preferred.
- Solid understanding of call center technology, terminology and environment required.
- Ability to interface with Senior Level Executives during client meetings / presentations.
- Must be a proactive, hands-on leader with a proven strategic vision who will drive operational performance with a high degree of accountability and integrity
- Operates independently in managing complex situations and/or projects
- Anticipates risk and proactively develops plan to mitigate the risk and provide solutions
- Ability to think out of the box and manage towards established goals
- Must possess a strong sense of integrity and be able to manage an office independently and maintain high personal and professional standards