$150K — $200K *
As a vital member of the H-D Canada leadership team, the National Sales Manager reports directly to the Managing Director and is a key contributor to the development and execution of market strategy. This individual leads and develops the Field Sales and Service Team and is responsible for delivering performance goals for motorcycles, general merchandise, parts & accessories, service and customer experience. He/she is the primary leadership team liaison with the dealer network and is focused on maximizing network performance while optimizing dealer relationships and profitability.
The National Sales Manager is accountable for balancing and aligning market-level performance with North American strategy and objectives by working cross functionally with multiple departments in Canada and our global headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As with most roles now are at Harley-Davidson Canada, this role will include a hybrid of working from home and our office located in Vaughan, Ontario. At this time, we continue to work 100% from home due to COVID until we are able to return to the office.
• As a high-performing member of the Canadian Leadership Team, you will drive proactive business strategy and network development that aligns with our overall corporate strategy and market goals, while considering the most effective means of addressing dealer needs.
• Deliver the business performance expectations in motorcycle and related products for retail and wholesale revenue as well as market share through effective goal / KPI (Key Performance Indicator) setting, management of the field sales team, and ensuring a high level of customer service and experience throughout your department.
• Be a point of contact and trusted source of knowledge of the Canadian market, providing accurate information, clear points of view and reporting to a broad market and regional stakeholder group, ranging from short term/tactical needs up to long term product / price / promotion input.
• Lead and enable the Field Sales Team to work effectively and collaboratively by developing necessary leadership behaviours, skill sets and competencies.
• Leverage knowledge, experience, and proven methods to assist the Field Sales Team with planning, growing the Harley-Davidson Brand, and operating in a sustainable way to drive performance for the offering of products and services in Canada. Engage dealers as necessary to ensure optimal responsiveness from the Field Sales team
• Demonstrate earned trust through the environment they create with cross-functional teams and dealers.
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent). A master’s degree in business administration or a related field is preferred, but not required.
• Minimum of 8 years of related experience in sales management, marketing, and field sales, preferably with vehicle retail/wholesale knowledge, including a minimum of 5 years of leadership/management experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in leading people and creating a positive culture. Welcoming and inclusive interpersonal skills with a strong aptitude for building successful consultative relationships.
• Successful candidate must have a management style that encourages collaboration, cooperation, and teamwork with the ability to motivate others.
• Strong emphasis on customer service excellence/interaction and demonstrated ability to effectively lead change within teams and a dealer network.
• Deep understanding of financial measures, forecasting and other analytical skills is mandatory.
• Proven experience in project management including planning, prioritizing and managing multiple large projects.
• Exceptional written, presentation and oral communication skills. Proficiency in both English and French is highly preferred.
• Ability to collaborate within a team while exercising independent judgment and initiative.
• Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to determine urgency and act upon it in a meaningful and practical way.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to effectively schedule people and tasks.
• Experience working in a global, matrix environment considered an asset.
• Fully proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Valid through: 4/26/2021