5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Sales Manager to join our Toys and Hardlines team in Kentwood, MI
The Sales Manager will be a multi-faceted role where you will be managing a small team of sales professionals, managing and growing key accounts as designated by leadership, and assisting with the launch and development of Intertek's sustainability service offering. The sales team is an existing group of sales professionals providing a full-service solution to the furnishings industry. The sales manager will also act as an individual contributor working directly with Intertek's key accounts and programs. We're looking for someone who will provide business development activities for our furnishings and sustainability businesses through the participation in the development of various strategies such as sales and marketing, development of new areas of business, and how best to expand business with existing clients.
- Recruit, train, direct, motivate, and supervise district/office(s) sales team
- Build out strategic account plans to win more business with existing clients
- Develop strategies that position Intertek as a thought leader and innovator in our industries
- Regularly attend client meetings with direct and indirect sales team
- Consistently and accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue
- Develop and launch new businesses and services both inside your organization and to the market
- Effectively resolve client and team issues
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or directly related field
- 5+ of successful experience in a professional sales capacity, including a proven track record of new business development, territory and/or individual account growth
- Experience in a technical selling and management role is desired but not required
- Must be self motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in a startup environment and or proven track record for success in launching new services
- Ability to conduct business across multiple time zones with at least 50% travel involved
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world?s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary (base pay plus commission) and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical,dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.