SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
We are seeking a Sales Manager responsible for contributing to the achievement of SAS's strategic corporate and business unit objectives through the implementation of sales and marketing strategy within the Manufacturing vertical. This is an opportunity to lead a team of account executives focused on accelerating analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning value for current and prospective enterprise clients in the following manufacturing sectors:
- Consumer Equipment and Products
- Electronic Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Metals, Plastics, Wire & cable
- Paper & Building Materials
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs).
- Plans and implements growth strategies with each of her/his direct reports regarding new software sales, renewal of software agreements, consulting services, and education services.
- Leadership in generating new business through strategic, customer focused selling, managing relationships with key customer executives.
- Ensures that the Account Executives in her/his charge maintain sufficient pipeline to support achievement of sales objectives.
- Ensures that the pipeline is appropriately qualified and moving through the sales process with a reasonable probability of closing in SAS' favor.
- Is instrumental in sales strategy development, negotiation, and closing of customer agreements.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and initiatives to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating, and coaching the sales staff.
- Recommends appropriate training to continuously develop and improve selling skills amongst the team.
- Responsible for timely and accurate revenue forecasting of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment and adoption of SAS sales approach and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Collaborates with fellow management colleagues and senior executives to identify new and creative approaches to the marketplace to increase SAS' sales penetration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically as it relates to the sale of advanced analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application of advanced analytics in focused market or domain.
- In depth knowledge of corporate software or hardware acquisition cycles.
- Sound understanding of the competitive landscape in advanced analytics and the broader software marketplace.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Requires eight years of experience in software sales, including two years in a leadership role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry. Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.