Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize how people commute! Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ: SOLO). The provided driving experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration, affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, it’s electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read on to see if this position sparks your interest.
We are seeking a Sales Manager to join our lean and agile team in California. This role will be a mobile role where you will be visiting multiple kiosk locations within the Orange County Area and will report to the Regional Sales Manager. This role will be responsible in overseeing and managing the sales floor for your assigned retail locations and for meeting sales quotas, increasing fleet opportunities and managing a sales team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures all employees provide the best possible consumer experience to every customer.
- Manages customer escalations and concerns quickly and effectively.
- Executes the sales strategy for their designated market for both B2C and B2B.
- Coordinate with the Corporate Fleet Sales team to generate local Fleet interest and sales.
- Demonstrates sales leadership by actively participating in the sale of company vehicles.
- Analyzes sales figures and data to prepare reports for the director of sales. These reports will be used to determine optimal business strategies and benchmarks.
- Sets goals for themselves and the sales team, ensures goals are aligned with the company vision and outlook towards sales.
- Collaborates and partners with other company departments such as marketing to identify new market opportunities and drive new sales.
- Ensures sales team has the most up-to-date product knowledge to share with consumers during a sale.
- Recruit, train, and develop the showroom and sales teams to maximize company output.
- Consistently evaluate the performance of each store & sales employee to ensure company targets are met.
- Teach sales best practices to staff, including the right behaviors and sales tactics.
- Ensure all team members adhere to ElectraMeccanica policies and communicates concerns effectively to human resources.
- Empower employees to make decisions that are in the consumer’s best interests, guide them through difficult decisions.
- Other ancillary duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or similar field is required for this role.
- 5+ years of Sales Management experience, preferably in retail or automotive.
- Experience in the automotive industry (specifically sales) is considered an asset for this role.
- High Level of Computer Literacy (including spreadsheets).
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills – builds effective relationships across departments.
- Team player – comfortable consistently working with multiple teams.
- Exhibits great leadership and coaching skills.
- Results-oriented – dedicated to an ethical approach to sales and sales operations.
- Self-starter – drive to develop effective processes and take initiative.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license.
- This role will require travel between company locations (50%+)
While we sincerely appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
One last important note… we work hard, but we play hard too! We also provide the following comprehensive benefits package that supports our employee’s health, wellness, retirement, and work-life balance:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off
- 401k with company match
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only contact those individuals who best meet the required position qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering ElectraMeccanica!