Maverick Transport - Easton, MD
Maverick provides exceptional career opportunities in one of the largest growing fields in transportation. We work with national and local accounts helping our customers manage their freight. Thousands of large and small prospects across the country need our help, and the Logistics Industry is in hot demand. Your territory will be the entire U.S. and we also route freight throughout Canada and Mexico.
Mission Statement: We are here to help our customers develop a competitive advantage outside of their normal scope of business.
Our job is to:
- Establish confidence in our customer that we do the best job, and that we genuinely care about their business and success
- Leverage that confidence into referrals
- Reinforce that confidence as often as possible through communication: Tone and language is paramount
- Ability to properly vet all opportunities (rate quote requests) to make certain that we are quoting properly and diagnosing possible issues prior to quoting
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and enhance the relationship between the customer needs with the sales and freight services function
- Play a lead role with the department staff to maximize capacity and revenue
- Monitor and lead the sales department to increase profitability
- Develop a sales team through training and monitoring salesassociates
- Create databases for internal results to improve and automate productivity
- Use a CRM to document sales-related activity
- Make outbound cold calls and follow – up on leads
- Research and develop accounts to generate interest in our company
- Motivate sales team to reach monthly goals
- Research and effectively negotiate rates with customers
- Must be proficient using a CRM.
- 5years or more of experience in transportationrequired.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Freight Brokerage Sales: 5years