The Distribution Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the short-term and long-term sales objectives of the business through the sales team and select channel partners. This is accomplished by recruiting, hiring, coaching, training and developing strong sales teams empowered to implement business strategies via channel partner engagements. The DistributionSales Manager works within the sales organization and with the broader business team to remove barriers and better enable Eastman the sales team to win with channel partners and customers. Approximately 50%+ travel is required for this role.
Key Result Area
Growth and Innovation
Sales leaders should be assessed against the aggregate results of their team and the results of each team member:
- Value-add Growth (Total vs target and YOY Growth)
- Value-add Growth (Total vs target and YOY Growth)/FTE
- New Business Won – Revenue
- Protect Business Won – Revenue
- New Business Win Rate % of Total Expected Wins
- Protect Business Win Rate % of Total Expected Wins
- % Sellers Achieving # Sales Calls Target per Month with pre-call plans complete
- % Sellers Achieving target % face time outside of procurement
- Coaching Quality Index (TBD)
- Translate business strategy into sales targets, priorities and action plans to deliver results
- Set coaching as a top priority. Identify individual sales team member performance gaps and development needs. Provide skills coaching and development support to team members in groups and 1:1s
- Provide deal level coaching and direct support for critical opportunities
- Systematically and continually evaluate existing and potential talent and take appropriate action to ensure a highest level of performance in every sales territory.
- Participate in customer activities with sales reps to observe, evaluate, coach and support
- Ensure that team members are prepared and empowered to conduct all aspects of the channel partner relationship effectively and that actions and objectives are completed
- Ensure that leading practices are being utilized by sellers on: Account Management, Opportunity Management, Territory Management, prospecting, forecasting, development and communication of value proposition and Economic Value Estimations, and leading with insights
- Work internally to remove barriers so account and sale objectives can be met
- Analyze insights, results and activities across the sales team to drive growth and optimize resource allocation. Leverage data and analytics tools.
- Actively encourage cross-selling and facilitate collaboration across businesses.
- Drive a culture of “Winning with Channel Partners” inside the sales team
- Establish priorities for accounts within a territory
- Ensure team members opportunities, account plans, territory plans, and sales forecasts are up to date and accurate
# of Solid Line Direct Reports: 6-10
- Sales Director
- Market Insight: Leverage market insights to guide decisions and determine what is right
- Courage: Make courageous choices to innovate and accelerate value creation
- Optimism: Optimistically focus on continual growth over a longer-term horizon
- Bias for Action: Have a bias for action, prioritizing issues and making sound decisions, despite uncertainty or risk
- Adaptability: Adaptable to market and customer opportunities quickly
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Master’s degree considered (MBA preferred)
- 5-15years of commercial experience, including as a seller
- Significant experience in sales methodologies, tools and CRM. Able to train and coach others.
- Account strategy experience