It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Neogen is currently looking for a sales manager to join our Lexington team. This position will promote the sales of select Neogen products and services in the US Animal Protein Dairy segments anddistributionchannels through personal and team activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and generate sales revenue through directing, coaching, training and assistance of subordinate personnel.
- Communicates with existing customer base on a consistent basis to: (1) monitor customer satisfaction; (2) resolve customer problems and concerns; and (3) monitor competitive position.
- Develops sales plans (Plan of Action) and strategies to penetrate new markets and increase market share and profitability of territory. Provides written updates on a monthly basis.
- Meets or exceeds assigned budgeted sales revenues for team.
- Oversees and coordinates field staff to promote Neogen products into the integrator market.
- Provides technical support to customers and field staff on Neogen product lines.
- Collaborates with communications to develop and provide product marketing material and programs that are effective and profitable.
- Represents company and analyzes industry trade shows and meetings to: (1) promote products and services; (2) increase market and competitive knowledge; and (3) identify new products for distribution, custom solutions or development.
- Reads industry publications to keep abreast of industry, customer and competitor news; shares articles of interest with the organization.
- Participates in annual budgeted processes.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Participates in the resolution of customer billing or collection problems.
- Operates office machines such as computer, facsimile, copier and adding machine.
- Copies data and compiles records and reports on sales activities. Records names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of customers and prospects solicited in CRM software program. Completes field call reports.
- Works with marketing on advertising and promotional activities for product lines to increase market share of target products.
- Develops long-lasting business relationships with key customers and industry influences to support Neogen’s market position.
- Works with staff to ensure accurate forecasting of sales.
- Leverages human resources by developing an entrepreneurial team environment, fastening consistency in performance expectations and focusing on individual growth and development.
- Executes sales and marketing programs that have been approved by management.
- Keeps management up-to-date on market conditions and competitive situations. Make suggestions and proposals for ways to improve effectiveness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree in animal science, agricultural business or other related field. Animal protein field sales experience (swine, poultry and/or dairy markets) (5 or more years required). Field sales management experiencerequired.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTER SKILLS
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts mark up, margins, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Direct experience with personal computer, keyboard and software packages including: Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and CRM. Computer used in 70% of job activities.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver’s license, auto insurance, own vehicle transportation and ability to obtain vendor licenses from multi-regulatory and state agencies and commissions. Procure rental vehicle. 25-30% of time spent on overnight travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Come Be Part Of A Mission that Matters!
From inside the farm gate to our dinner plates, Neogen protects the world’s food supply. Through a variety of animal healthcare products, to food safety solutions for dangerous bacteria, allergens, toxins, drug residues and much more, Neogen is there — and you can be too.'