JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Sales Manager's primary responsibility is to lead the sales and marketing efforts for all of the Specialty manufacturers has responsibility to represent.
Specialty Vehicle Manufacturers by definition build vehicles for niche markets which are limited in scope and have uncommon "go to market" strategies for each of our products. Work with marketing department to effectively use our in house resources with regards to sales, shows and exhibits, participating in factory visits, working with and joining local and state pupil transportation associations and other related account activity.
COMPETENCIES LIST AND DESCRIBE:
- As a highly visible outside representative of both company and all other OEMs we represent.
- Conduct all business in a fair and ethical manor.
- Promote Exceptional Customer Service.
- Maintain a good working relationship with each of our OEMs Regional Sales Manager.
- Take the lead role connecting company to the pupil transportation industry here in Ohio.
- Develop, train and manage the sales staff involved each of the unique markets we represent.
- Report all account activity in a timely manner following the instructions of Truck Group Business Manager.
- Continually examine our AOR for results from sales people, factory programs and the effectiveness of marketing strategies to make necessary adjustments / improvements in how we approach the school bus market.
- Establish good professional relationships with our General Product Support Manager and the Product Support Managers who are in charge of the branches that will be doing work on products you represent.
- Maintain good customer files and review all current deal's monthly.
- Practice fundamentals of good salesmanship, prospecting, telemarketing, preparing effective sales presentations, use of sales aids, closing, etc.
- Practice good cost control in sales activities. Use incentives and giveaways only as a matter of last resort, not as a matter of general practice.
- High School diploma, Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and or relevant experience.
- Sales management experience of greater than five years.
- Experience with use of CRM to manage sales reporting, leverage customer information, account management, time and territory management.