Reaction Search International is a Forbes-ranked retained global executive search firm. With offices in 53 marketplaces throughout the United States, RSI works with a wide variety of companies, from Fortune 500 down to investment-backed start-ups. Reaction Search International is currently retained on a search for a key construction products client of ours that has an immediate need to recruit a Sales Manager.
Our client has an immediate need to recruit a Sales Manager. This position provides a unique opportunity to contribute to direct sales while also formalizing and putting in place a sales process. The vision is to then be able to expand and develop the sales force. The Sales Manager will need to be technically competent to speak with Structural Engineers, and should be internally competitive with a drive for success while also being able to work on and as part of a team.
S/he will be responsible for executing sales strategies, initiating contact with potential customers, identifying needs, and then selling an appropriate array of products to meet those needs. S/he will have a unique opportunity to drive growth in a territory while helping drive the overall sales strategy.
· Develop and execute Business Development and Sales plans to meet the strategic objectives of the company.
· Ability to effectively navigate accounts, often dealing with multiple long sales cycles simultaneously.
· Identify new business opportunities.
· Manage and foster relationships with key clients.
· Maintain and develop accounts through relationship management, quality control and consistent follow-up. Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
· Works closely with management, engineering and service departments to ensure the highest level of support is provided to our customers.
· Assist in the development of presentations to prospective clients.
· Call on prospective accounts, qualify needs and create strong relationships.
· Learn buying influences, budgets, and purchasing criteria for assigned accounts.
· Be knowledgeable of all product lines.
· Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customers.
· Clearly document knowledge about clients’ business and status of their projects.
· Clearly communicate with management forecast and grow opportunities.
· Maintain knowledge of competitor products, pricing and/or marketing strategies.
· Increase sales by actively ensuring financial targets are reached.
· Develop and implement new strategies for creating and improving processes and procedures to improve overall performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in sales, preferably in new business sales or business development for commercial builders or architects.
Experience dealing with and selling to structural engineers.
· Track record of managing sales process for identifying, qualifying and closing new business
Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, Engineering degree or background is desirable but not required
· Track record in successfully closing deals, and a willingness to ask for the business/sale
Valid through: 12/15/2020
$80K — $100K
2 days ago