Sales Manager - Panel Composites
Wabash Composites is a growing business unit of Wabash National focused on developing and promoting composite products. This division is driving diversification into new markets through development of new process capabilities, products, and applications. With a strong technical sales and business development team and design engineering capabilities, this group provides customers with tools and solutions to improve the performance of various products. Customers come from transportation, moving and storage, and otherindustrial and other recreational markets.
This key position is responsible for developing relationships and the selling of the Composite Panel products to new and existing accounts. This person will also be responsible for cultivating and maintaining key relationships with assigned current customers, and target new customers. This position requires a high-energy sales leader who has been successful in setting goals and continually challenging themselves to meet or exceed those goals.
Typical job duties include calls on existing and prospective customers to sell products; analyzing business requirements of customers; and working with the Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain and Customer Service to develop customer-specific technical solutions.
Direct Reports: No
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops relationships with customers, determines product needs, quotes prices for products and services and sells the value of offerings.
- Works with Director of Sales to revise or expand product offering to meet customer needs
- Displays or demonstrates product emphasizing marketable features
- Determines product requirements with Engineering, prepares salescontracts, writes orders and works with Customer Service and Operations to schedule production/delivery.
- Communicates with internal colleagues on any special needs or requirements of the customer; ensures problem resolution and smooth flow of communication.
- Performsotherjob-related duties as assigned
College Degree Major Desired: Business, Marketing, Sales or related area.
Required Knowledge and/or training courses specific for this position:
- Strong understanding of technical engineered-product sales strategy
- Good computer skills (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Working knowledge of CRM software
Required Skills specific for this position:
- Self-directed and self-motivated with good planning skills
- Proven ability to develop strong, long-term external and internal relationships with key accounts and fellow employees
- Innovative, aggressive in prospecting potential clients
Required Experience specific for this position:
- 3 to 5 years of successful product sales, OEM sales and/or engineered-solution technical sales management.
- Experience in the Composite Panels sales segment as defined by Wabash Composites is preferred
- Must have a verifiable track record ofsalesachievements and providing customer technical solutions.
- Hands-on with a leadership-by-example and team orientation.
- Willing totravel up to 70% of their time for customer visits andtradeshows.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment in which presenteeism is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to Corporate and/or Plant policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit bend, kneel, stoop, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hand and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. Wabash National Corporation, reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meeting the needs of the business.
Req Id 8001