Our retained client is a international and global provider of two-way radio components selling into the government, police, fire, hospitals, manufacturing, security, colleges, sports stadiums, office campuses, public venues, FBI, etc. When critical and sensitive information needs to be delivered, cell technology is often too risky to secure access and confidentiality. Two-way communication products continues to be a growing market.
We looking for a sales manager based in Chicago, to manager existing accounts and grow business into the dealer/distributionnetworks throughout the USA. Selling and marketing to engineering firms to secure a specification on new projects is also part of the business development model.
Able to work from your home office and a local suburban office, you'll drive sales, marketing research, dealer training and secure meetings with key decision makers with major companies and dealers.
Ideal experience/skills include:
- Selling a technical product in the electronics/electrical arena and ability to understand the technical aspects quickly
- Ability to secure meetings and presentations with key decision makers with purchasing and influence authority such as presidents, facilities, engineering managers, government leaders.
- Having sold through multiple channels of dealer, distributionsales, as well as specification work withengineering firms.
- Success in achieving sales goals in new territories with multiple competitors
- Have worked for privately held companies as a sales professional with remote offices
- Delivered sales training and product training to dealer/distributor sales teams to help drive brand loyalty and awareness of your product.
- Travel45% (6-8 nites/month)
Compensation will include a base range of 100k, with strong benefits, as well as a commission plan designed to earn another45-75k in the next 12-15months.