Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned coverage area. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the territory and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Sales Associates. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Clear Focus - Top and Bottom Line Growth w/Individual Goals (Sales Plan, P&L, and EBITDA)
* Clear understand of the P&L -- top line and bottom line including the controls of expenses to meet budget guidelines.
* Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
* Profit Margin Accountability
* Utilization of Sales Opportunity Report and Product Line Expansion - Be the Champion of all opportunities (Seafood/Specialty/CAB/CW)
* Responsible for the performance and development of the Sales Associates.
* Performance Review Process w/Semi-Annual Follow up
* Conducts one-on-one review with all Sales Associates to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Sales Associates sales and activity performance.
* Organize Sales Meetings
* Work w/ COP Specialists to build potential opportunities and penetration
* Work w/ Supplier Reps and brokers to build potential opportunities
* Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
* Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
* Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
* Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
* Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
* Assists Sales Associates in preparation of proposals and presentations.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
* Recruits and hires Sales Associates based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
* Have Pride, Show Leadership, be Accountable, be Trustworthy and be committed Internal / External Cooperation:
* Insures that all Sales Associates meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
* Properly delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
* Sets examples for Sales Associates in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
* Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Sales Associates to build motivation and selling skills.
* Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
* Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees. Requirements:
* 5 years of experience in sales.
* Experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office tools.
* Extensive experience in all aspects of Relationship Management.
* Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
* Willingness to travel and work in a team of professionals.