Bring your experience to a role where you will:
- Lead the sales force to achieve new sales goals and company profitability.
- Ensure that sales executives are assigned by a geographic area or broker assignment.
- Establish and maintain group and broker relationships.
- Responsible for the sale of LifeMap products and services within the defined territory.
- Work directly with agents/brokers on the sale of LifeMap products and services to the end customer.
- Create, define and implement sales strategies in cooperation with Sales Director for the defined territory.
- Contribute to the overall success of the corporation by being a member of an effective sales management team.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Undergraduatedegree and five years of salesexperience preferably in the employee benefits field.
- Knowledge of life and health insurance practices as related to group life, STD and LTD, claims processing, billing, contracts and related information.
Demonstrate advanced sales management skills account coverage, account strategies, forecasting, goal-setting, performance management, coaching.
- Demonstrate ability to manage a sales team to generate new business leads by cold calling, entertaining prospects, invitations to seminars, etc.
- Demonstrate sales and marketingfinancial analysis skills (pricing, margins, probability analysis).
- Demonstrate competitive intelligence gathering skills.
Successfully manage more complex and difficult negotiation with both internal and external customers. (will be asked to assist others in complex negotiations).
- Demonstrate a consistent focus on achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Show a passion for continuous improvement.
- Develop strong customer and broker relationships to support staff in negotiations of new business opportunities.
- Ability to conduct clear and concise presentations for brokers and groups.
- Creative problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize, self motivate, and work independently.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and groups related to adding new lines of coverage and servicing existing accounts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal employees, agents, group administrators and the general public.
- Must present a positive and professional image.
- Must hold a valid Driver's License.
- Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed within 60 days of hire, to sell insurance (health, life, and/or disability) in the state or states where business is conducted.
- Responsible for leading sales team to meet sales goal.
- Interact with agents, and groups to promote the sale of new business, and provide general service of LifeMap products in the assigned territory.
- Conduct large group life and disability sales presentations.
- Train agents and internal staff on the details of LifeMap products, services and administration in the assigned territory.
- Resolve personnel issues, complete performance reviews, monitors staffing and budgeting.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all internal procedures as they affect both sales, service, underwriting and compliance issues.
- Manage and oversee the LifeMap Sales staff in its interaction with Brokers and groups to promote the sale and retention of business to build loyalty and support of LIfeMap plans and projects.
- Oversee the development of life and disability training programs for Agents / Brokers and LifeMap internal Sales and Marketing staff.
- Identify and oversee the development of new product offerings or additional riders to existing LifeMap policy owners.
- Assist in developing and maintaining distributionchannels for LifeMap products and services.
- Develop general sales and service strategies for LifeMap within the assigned territory.
- Demonstrate a consistent focus on achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for continuous improvement. Demonstrates personal motivation, energy, creativity and adaptability while pursuing goals.
- Keep current on new developments in the marketplace to identify problems, trends, solutions, and take the appropriate steps to ensure that information critical to the success of the Company is utilized.
LifeMap employees are part of the larger Cambia Health Solution’s family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforcediversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
LifeMap is a life and disability insurance company, which offers additional benefits such as dental, vision, and short term medical coverage, to provide financial protection and access to care. People do business with us because of our high value products, our easy-to-understand language and our personalized service. We provide thoughtful guidance to help people choose the coverage they truly need through life’s transitions. Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Requisition ID 2017-23888