Sales Manager - Buying
Sales / Buying San Francisco, California
#1. Do you love the aesthetic of our site?
Touch of Modern is the leading discover app for men who are interested in novel and noteworthy lifestyle products. As Sales Manager you will create, define and execute all strategic growth initiatives on the Hardline (non-clothing) side of our business. You will manage a group of 8+ sellers and drive them to hit revenue and margin targets while ensuring a cohesive look & feel of the entire Hardline merchandising category. The ideal candidate will be performance-driven with a high level of strategic sourcing and merchandising thinking to achieve ambitious growth targets and be an accomplished team and business leader.
What you’ll be doing:
- Beat monthly sales team quotas and perform all activities related to revenue generation
- Define strategic initiatives across the entire Hardline sales team that will turn us into a shopping destination for niche curated/discovery items
Identify and reach out to key vendors to strengthen relationships & open opportunities for TOMO (there is no individual contributor goal for this role)
- Evaluate changing business needs within the apparel categories and make key category management and merchandising decisions on how to address them
- Serve as the right-hand person for the Senior Director of Sales, assuming temporary Sales leadership responsibilities when your manager is not in the office or taking time off
- Provide real-time coaching and development to a team of sales executives
- Implement strategic sales training to achieve higher margins, more depth in inventory and SKU counts
- Conduct regular 1:1s with team members to provide guidance, coaching, and assist in sales skill development
- Interview and hire prospective team members
- Collaborate with our in-house Production department to improve & streamline the apparel photography process
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience successfully building, managing and growing high-performing sales teams
- Experience in apparel-based Flash sales environment a plus
- Remarkable and consistent track record of accurate strategic assessments and successful execution of plan
- Demonstrated ability to implement and train sales teams in strategic selling techniques
- Strong motivational skills to maintain enthusiasm and passion among all team members for what we do
- Data-based decision-making skills a must
- Bachelor's degree or higher or equivalent experience
Touch of Modern is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.