Sales Manager - Building Automation
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
If you're someone with a true passion for Mechanical Service and Building Automation Systems, we're looking for you to be our next Enviser©! At Envise, we seek people that don't just follow a career path, but blaze their own. People who want to apply innovation to their problem solving and embrace the concept of full collaboration between disciplines work at Envise. We appreciate the spirit of integrity and entrepreneurialism with which our people act, and have learned that the more opportunity we allow our employees, the greater the results. Each part of our business is interconnected and requires input from others, which has led to the collaborative setting from which we thrive. Join our team and become a part of an organization that values work-life balance, community, and exceptional quality of work.
Who We Are:
Envise is a wholly owned subsidiary of Southland Industries . As a building management systems integrator, Envise unites analytics, building automation, and equipment lifecycle management. Resulting in higher building performance, the organization's integrated, data-driven approach helps improve facilities throughout the building lifecycle. Helping to manage both facilities and budgets, the knowledgeable experts at Envise form long-term, collaborative partnerships to meet customers' goals and deliver customized building solutions.
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the Sales team to ensure revenue and profit goals are met. Pro-actively engaging customers & potential customers face to face, and developing relationships with end-users and building property/facility managers in order to understand and develop the relevant salesstrategy. Expected to learn Envise Industries business and be able to articulate this to the industry and customers.
What you will do.
- Actively manage the Service Contract base and margins, and be responsible for achieving agreed overall business annual net change goals.
- Manage the sales activities ensuring that strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving sales team to achieve business objectives in both construction and service sales activities.
- Promote team selling and expansion of existing relationships into additional new sales
- Drive sales team to achieve commitment to Envise's philosophy and customer satisfaction.
- Manage sales team performance; provide coaching, and training paths to develop skills with each team member.
- Communicate goals and provide performance appraisals to direct reports.
- Actively participate in the estimating and quoting of projects as required.
- Participate in direct selling (supporting sales representative) key/assigned accounts as required & is available as a point of contact for clients (possible involvement in major accounts also as an executive sponsor)
- Target key projects and key accounts and develop/implement sales strategies to ensure winning the opportunity of key projects.
- Review estimates and quotes to ensure accuracy and appropriate methods to meet company and customer objectives.
- Assist sales team in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
- Work with Branch Manager to develop monthly sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to Envise.
- Work with Branch Manager in the development of long-range sales planning and growth.
- Learn competitors' product/service information and advise the sales team on effective sales tactics as needed.
- Provide feedback on new products/services and assess product positioning to maximize achievement of business goals.
- Maintain trade contacts and participate in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
- Identify, target and develop a sales plan for the projects that fit the Envise salesstrategy.
- Provide total account business activity reports and forecasts to management when requested.
What you will need to be successful:
- Highly effective people skills that allows a person to build a favorable rapport quickly with others. Must be able to think outside of the box and be innovative to create sales opportunities, which will differentiate Envise Industries from its competitors. Ability to overcome objections or negatives.
- Must have excellent demonstrated sales skills in prospecting, qualifying, proposing and closing. Cold calling for new prospects is required and sufficient skills in this area are a must.
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and must be able to develop and present power point presentations.
- Must have a high level of HVAC systems understanding in order to look at opportunities holistically.
- Must be capable of presenting a professional image to a varying level of prospects from maintenance staff personal to chief executive positions. Upper management contacts are the primary prospect target.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined to manage time to produce effective sales results.
- Must be self-disciplined to manage constant changes in planned schedules to meet prospects changing requirements and deadlines.
- Must be capable of developing and managing major accounts (existing and new) to effectively maintain positive relationships and continued work from the assigned existing client base, while adding new major accounts to the portfolio.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Effective collaborator internally and externally, with very broad problem solving abilities & an ability to focus on goal obtainment.
- As an industry expert, you will be able to guide & train less experienced team members using your leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other related field preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of previous Sales Management experience or 5-7 years of HVAC/Automation industry experience also considered.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to sit 2/3rds of the time; use hands to finger 2/3rds of the time; walk 1/3rd of the time; stand 1/3rd of the time; reach with hands and arms 2/3rds of the time; stoop, kneel, crouch 1/3rd of the time; talk or hear 2/3rds of the time.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses?
EEOE/AA/Everify participating Employer