Barnes Aerospace OEM Lansing Division has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Sales Manager. The right candidate will have a proven track record in generating sales and will be responsible for the growth and maintenance of new and existing customers. The successful candidate will be the key link between our customers and manufacturing locations, putting your product knowledge and sales training to use to achieve profitable growth for your assigned accounts. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you are encouraged to submit your name for further consideration. This position reports to Vice President Sales, OEM.
- Lead all sales efforts and provide customer and technical service support on all assigned customer accounts for Barnes Aerospace and bring significant opportunities to closure through the complete negotiation cycle with the assistance and support of the Sales leadership team.
- Interface, survey, benchmark and develop plans to increase current business and develop new business opportunities with established customers.
- Builds internal and external networks establishing strong relationships.
- Provide the "voice of the customer" to Company leadership regarding new opportunities, products or services.
- Act as the Company focal point and spokesperson to the customer for all issues including sales, technical, quality and financial.
- Provides detailed sales forecasts for annual plan and periodic updates of current business and forecasted new programs.
- Able to read & interpret customer blueprints and lead the quotation process.
- Assist the Sales leadership team with the implementation and execution of sales strategies, develop and demonstrate strategic thinking skills.
- Up to 50% travelrequired.
- 5 years of proven success in technical sales with at least three (3) years of experience within the aerospace industry, preferably in fabrications. Ability to work in a manufacturing environment required.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and experience executing successful sales plans.
- Impeccable integrity with a track record delivering quality customer service and able to interact with all levels.
- Responsive and results oriented individual with strong writing and communication skills.
- Established customer-base preferred.
- Identify and cultivate new customers through strategic partnership, resulting in new business opportunities.
- 3 to 5 years of audit and accounting experience with a proven track record of progressive career advancement.
- Impeccable integrity; excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and working in a SOX environment.
- Analytical approach and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced excel skills a plus.
- Bachelordegreerequired in engineering, business, or marketing. MBA or advanced degreepreferred.