Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. Our iconic USA TODAY Network brand, 109 strong local media organizations in 34 states and Guam and more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K. and ReachLocal, a digital marketing company. We provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Each month more than 110 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY Network and Gannett’s local media organizations. USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
We have a key leadership role as a Sales Manager responsible for building and leading a high-performance automotive sales team our Des Moines market. This is an opportunity to be part of The USA TODAY Network Automotive enterprise wide solutions sales team that will drive a retail auto industry transformation. Our team is tasked with building the strongest portfolio in the industry that will provide end-to-end digital marketing, wholesale and commerce solutions for automotive segment customers. You will be part of an elite team of Sales Managers across Gannett working to develop local market strategies that solve automotive client needs. Our teams capitalize on the utilization of data, leveraging for retention and strategic selling opportunities to grow revenue. In-depth knowledge of the Automotive industry is a plus but a proven track record of managing a team and showing strong use of strategy to move the revenue needle is a must. We are looking for someone that can demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity along with high level of strategy coupled with strong sales background.
The successful candidate will provide inspiring leadership, drive results for clients, and grow revenue within the Local automotive market. Has a strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling within a solution based sale. Highly evolved people management skills with the ability to engage, develop, mentor and lead employees. The ideal candidate will have delivered results in both “traditional” and “new” media environments.
· Work directly with the sales team to provide strategic direction and leadership in the development and closing of sales opportunities, providing expertise to directly drive revenue.
· Develop relationships with dealer client key contacts at all levels within assigned territories.
· Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds target.
· Collaborate with sales and corporate partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales management behavior, values, development, and best practices.
· Coach and develop local market sales executives and teams (including team meetings, one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
· Collaborate with HR business partners and talent acquisition team to recruit sophisticated sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
· Provide clear expectations and articulate the vision of the organization.
· Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with local sales teams to develop and implement innovative action plans.
· Maintain a deep understanding of the market and monitor competitive products, innovations and activities.
· Communicate World Class Sales vision and drive initiatives for positive, constructive change.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 3-5+ years sales management experience with a history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement.
· The ideal candidate should be an automotive and digitalsales expert with sales and/or account management experience who has a track record of helping companies grow in the face of intensifying competitive pressure and rapidly changing media consumption patterns.
· Results oriented and follows through on commitments; can be counted upon to successfully execute on goals. Meets deadlines. Understands the company’s strategy for growth and recognizes opportunities for business growth.
· Able to assess a problem or situation using effective logic. Uses important information to make logical assessments. Makes confident, timely, fact-based, decisions drawing on a broad range of resources. Acts on decisions with a sense of calculated risk-taking. Ensures others understand the decision before moving forward.
· Builds internal and external customer confidence and satisfaction. Forms strategic relationships, builds consensus and effectively sells ideas and projects, and create results. Communicates effectively and works well as a team member.
· Communicates and models vision and values. Actively works to recruit, hire, develop, evaluate, and retain high performers and embraces diversity, change, and the team.
· Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Proven agent for change.
· Enthusiastic and passionate, drives success through direct reports as well as “influences” and works effectively in a matrix environment.
· Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.