BaySpec, Inc., a San Jose, California based instrumentation power house, a small but rapidly growing company is seeking an experienced Sales Manager or Application Engineer. While our customer base already spans from the traditional areas of optical telecommunication and NIR spectroscopy, we are changing and revolutionizing the way of absorption/reflection, Fluorescence, Raman, handheld and OCT spectroscopic instruments are applied. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deeply explore commercial applications of hermetically sealed, rugged, miniaturized spectral devices. Candidates who have a passion for acquiring, applying and communicating practical knowledge to audiences of widely varying expertise will find plenty of opportunity for the professional growth. We are seeking Sales Manager or Application Engineer to join for marketing and selling company’s advanced photonics and spectroscopy products.
The responsibilities of the position are split between the following major functions:
- Making sales calls, join sales trips
- Supporting customers who are purchasing or about to make a purchase
- Be responsible for direct sales as well as leading and managing the manufacturer representative channels
- Aid in marketing by qualifying new markets
- Soliciting customers by phone or emails or face to face visits.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to represent BaySpec at trade-shows and exhibitions
- Qualified candidates will possess a college level degree and 5years+ of industrial work experience with demonstrated sales and marketing expertise in analytical instrumentations and or photonics related industry. Some experience in analytical spectroscopy is a major plus. Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered.
Candidates who have current and past experience in serving the semiconductors, biomedical, biotech, pharma, solar and alternative energy, et al, industries and research and development areas are of most interest. The position is for a full time BaySpec employee located in the company’s headquarters in the Silicon Valley.
- BS or above degree in Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Biology, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other related physical science or engineering fields
- Exceptionally qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Understanding of the basic principles of photonics, spectroscopic instruments, examples would be: lasers, analytical chemistry or spectroscopic instrumentation, etc.
- Sales background and track records in high tech business, preferable analytical equipments, components and analytical systems a plus.
- Be responsible for direct sales as well as leading and managing the manufacturer representative channel. This is accomplished by closing existing proposals, generating new opportunities, and expanding the representative network, particularly in the US, and North America market.
- Great interpersonal skills, communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Charming telephone manners, patience with customers and colleagues; down to the earth working attitude, a problem solver, able to perform sales tasks with a ‘pick-up-and-run’ approach
- Any familiarity with one or more of the spectroscopic techniques, such as Raman spectroscopy, UV, VIS, near infrared (NIR) spectroscopic applications or other spectroscopic applications
- Can work well in a small company environment, strong team player.